Java is a type of software that runs on most computers, so it’s important to have access to the software. If your browser does not support Java, you won’t be able to play games and other applications which use this particular programming language.
Your browser does not support Java, the latest version of Google Chrome. If you are using a computer that is running Windows or Apple OS X, you will need to use an alternative browser.
authored by Matthew Adams
Windows & Software Expert
Matthew is a freelance writer who has written a number of articles on different technology-related themes. His major interest is the Windows operating system and all that surrounds it. He is enthralled by… Read more
21st of April, 2022
Originally published in March of 2021.
- Because most browsers do not support Java natively, the Your browser does not support Java error may occur.
- This issue may also be resolved by switching to a browser that has stronger Java support.
- Certain addons may be used to remedy this problem in Chrome and Chromium browsers.
- If Java isn’t functioning in Internet Explorer 11, you may solve it by changing the settings in the browser.
Are you having trouble with your current browser? Upgrade to a newer version: Opera You are entitled to a better browser! Every day, 350 million people use Opera, a full-featured navigation experience with a variety of built-in packages, reduced resource use, and a beautiful look. Here are some examples of what Opera can do:
- Simple migration: transfer existing data, such as bookmarks, passwords, and so on, using the Opera helper.
- Optimize resource usage: compared to other browsers, your RAM memory is utilized more effectively.
- Increased privacy: a free and unlimited VPN is included.
- There are no advertisements since they are built-in. Ad Blocker reduces the time it takes for websites to load and protects you from data mining.
- Gaming-friendly: Opera GX is the world’s first and finest gaming browser.
- Opera may be downloaded here.
Although Java applets have been fading from the internet, they may still be seen on select websites. As a result, some users may still see an error message stating that their browser does not support Java.
Fixing this error message is easier than you think, and we’ll teach you how to do so in this short article.
To properly access web-based sites, Java applets were formerly necessary.
The Java applet was built-in to most browsers, and the Java program was installed on all machines.
However, technology has progressed, and many browsers have begun to include more contemporary features in order to provide a better online experience.
As a result, Java applets are no longer utilized; nevertheless, the Java program is still accessible for personal use and may be useful in certain circumstances.
What can I do to make it better? Is there a problem with your browser since it doesn’t support Java?
1. Switch Edge to Internet Explorer mode.
- In Edge, go to the Settings and More menu.
- To access the Settings tab, choose it from the drop-down menu.
- On the left side of the tab, choose Default browser.
- On the Allow Internet Explorer to open sites in Edge drop-down menu, choose Always.
- Allow webpages to be reloaded in Internet Explorer mode is enabled.
- In Microsoft Edge, click the Restart button.
2. Make sure Java is turned on and trust site security is set to low.
- Click the Tools menu button in Internet Explorer.
- Then, to open that window, choose Internet Options.
- In the Internet Properties box, go to the Security tab.
- Select Custom level from the drop-down menu.
- Then, just below, scroll down to the Scripting of Java Applets option.
- If the setting is disabled, choose Enable.
- To implement the changed setting, choose the OK option.
- On the Security tab, choose Trusted Sites.
- Reduce the zone bar’s Allowed levels to Low.
- Select Sites from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Add button after entering the URLs for the webpages where the Java not supported issue occurs.
- To close the Trusted site window, click Close.
- Choose the option to Apply.
Expert Tip: Some PC problems, such as damaged repositories or missing Windows files, are difficult to resolve. If you’re having problems repairing a mistake, it’s possible that your system is partly broken. Restoro is a tool that will scan your computer and determine the source of the problem. To download and begin mending, go here.
After you’ve made these modifications, see whether the notice “Your browser does not support Java” still appears.
3. Install Java again.
- In a browser, go to the Uninstall Java Versions page.
- To download the Java Uninstall Tool, click the I Agree to the Terms and Want to Continue option on that page.
- To use the Java Uninstall Tool, go to the Java Uninstall Tool’s window.
- Choose the option to Agree.
- Select a Java version from the drop-down menu.
- To remove the specified Java version, press the Next button.
- After you’ve uninstalled Java, restart your computer.
- After that, go to the Java website and select Java Download.
- To begin the free download, click the Agree and Begin button.
- Then run the Java installer you have downloaded to reinstall the most recent version of Java.
You may also use specialist PC cleanup tools to completely delete obsolete Java versions. There’s a program that can uninstall any undesirable software with a single click.
Furthermore, it has a registry cleaner, so you can be comfortable that it cleans up any remnants.
4. Download and install the IE Tab extension for your browser.
- In a Chromium-based browser, go to the IE Tab extension website.
- On that page, click the Add to Chrome (or Opera) button.
- To confirm, choose the Add extension option.
- Then, immediately underneath, click the IE Tab extension button. When you click that button, an ietabhelper.exe file will be downloaded.
- To finish installing the IE Tab extension, double-click ietabhelper.exe and choose Run.
- After that, you may open a page using the Internet Explorer rendering engine by clicking the IE Tab button. For webpages where the Java support error occurs, click the extension button.
After that, see whether the notice “Your browser does not support Java” remains.
For Java content to operate in Chromium browsers with the IE Tab extension, the newest Java version must be installed and enabled.
5. Verify that TLS 1.1 and FLS 1.2 are turned on.
- Steps one and two of the third resolution need you to open the Internet Properties window.
- Select the Advanced option.
- If they aren’t already chosen, tick the Use TLS 1.1 and Use TLS 1.2 checkboxes.
- To save your settings, click the Apply button.
- To close the window, click OK.
- Check sure TLS 1.1 and 1.2 are enabled in the Java Control Panel as well.
6. In the Java Control Panel, verify that Java browser content is enabled.
- On the far left of the Windows 10 taskbar, press the Type here to search button.
- In the Type here to search box, type Control Panel.
- To open the Control Panel window, click it.
- Then, in the Control Panel, go to Programs.
- To launch the Java Control Panel, click Java (32-bit).
- Select the Security tab from the drop-down menu.
- Enable Java content in the browser by checking the box.
- If Very High is chosen, pick the High security radio button.
- By choosing Edit Site List, you can add any website page where the Java not supported issue occurs to the exception site list.
- To confirm the modified changes, press the Apply button.
So, that’s how you can solve the Java not supported browser problem in Internet Explorer and other browsers. After the error has been resolved, websites will be able to execute Java applets without any problems.
Are you still experiencing problems? Use this tool to fix them:
- Download this TrustPilot.com-rated PC Repair Tool (download starts on this page).
- To detect Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To repair faults with Patented Technologies, click Repair All (Exclusive Discount for our readers).
This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
Was this page of assistance to you?
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
Start a discussion.
The “java plugin for firefox” is a problem that has been present for a while. Mozilla has released an update to fix the issue.
- your browser does not support java edge
- your browser does not support java internet explorer
- enable java in chrome
- enable java in firefox
- java for chrome