Transfer Talk is a podcast that discusses the latest news in soccer.
Man Utd transfer news is a website that has been created to keep you up-to-date with all the latest transfer talk. It covers everything from Man Utd to Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and more.
6:38 p.m. Eastern Time
Nick Judd is a writer who specializes on transfers.
The summer transfer season is nearing, and speculation about who will go where is rife. Transfer Talk provides you the most up-to-date news on speculations, arrivals and departures, and, of course, completed transactions!
TOP STORY: Is James on his way to Real Madrid?
Carlo Ancelotti, the new Real Madrid manager, is aiming to bolster his defense ahead of the new season, and the former Chelsea manager has identified Reece James as one of his primary targets.
According to the Mirror, Ancelotti’s scouting staff was enthused by James’ performance in the Champions League quarterfinal loss to Madrid.
Madrid is said to have observed James nine times this season, and despite the fact that the right-sided defender’s current deal has three years remaining to run, the LaLiga club feels it can entice the 22-year-old to the Spanish capital.
Ancelotti is aiming to make changes to his team this summer, and the England international would be a fantastic match for Madrid’s right-hand side next season.
Before making any major moves, Madrid would need to get rid of some players, and Chelsea manager Thomas Tuchel would be loath to let James leave, but with Chelsea’s ownership situation unknown, a deal may be struck.
Is it possible that Reece James may join Carlo Ancelotti at Real Madrid? Getty Images/Jose Breton/Pics Action/NurPhoto
– LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, and more on ESPN+ (U.S.) – Watch ESPN FC every day on ESPN+ (U.S. only) – Don’t have access to ESPN? Get immediate access
GOSSIP ON PAPER
– According to Goal, Manchester City has been heartened by the revelation that Real Madrid is close to abandoning its pursuit of Erling Haaland. Los Blancos want to sign the Borussia Dortmund striker, but they aren’t willing to break the bank or disrupt their dressing room to do so. The major sticking problem seems to be Haaland’s wage expectations in particular. Madrid have already had two high-profile acquisitions, Eden Hazard and Gareth Bale, miss a huge amount of games due to injury, and they are wary of risking it all on another high-profile signing.
– According to Football Insider, Norwich City are contemplating a £4 million deal for Aston Villa forward Keinan Davis. Dean Smith, the Canaries’ manager, is a huge admirer of the 24-year-old, who has been outstanding since joining Nottingham Forest on loan in January. Forest are anxious to make the striker’s loan a permanent one, but their ability to do so may hinge on their ability to get promotion to the Premier League. Davis has a contract with Villa until 2024, but it’s expected that Steven Gerrard will allow Davis to go at the conclusion of the season.
– According to writer Nicolo Schira, Manchester City are interested in acquiring AC Milan forward Rafael Leao. This season, the 22-year-old has scored 12 goals for the Rossoneri, boosting them to a championship challenge. As a result, he has been given a contract extension that would keep him at the San Siro until 2026, with a raise in compensation to €4.5 million per year. Milan do not want Leao to go, which is why they are expected to want at least €70 million for his signing. Despite this, City has begun negotiations with the player’s agent, Jorge Mendes.
– According to Corriere dello Sport, AS Roma manager Jose Mourinho is eyeing Barcelona winger Abde Ezzalzouli as he attempts to boost his team this summer. The Italian team is thought to be prepared to pay €10 million for the attacker, with Barcelona considering the move to generate finances for their own end-of-season goals. Abde has seen little action at Camp Nou in recent months, but he has excelled for Barca B. Barca knows they won’t be able to offer Abde the minutes he wants next season, therefore they’re contemplating a repurchase option in a prospective trade.
– West Ham United is keeping an eye on Burnley goalkeeper Nick Pope as the London club works to finalize its goalkeeping lineup for next season. The Hammers were reportedly contemplating Pope before the 29-year-man-of-the-match old’s performance against them at the London Stadium at the weekend, according to the Daily Mail. West Ham have the option of signing current backup Alphonse Areola on a permanent move from Paris Saint-Germain for £10 million, although his salary would be at the top of the club’s pay scale. Fulham have also targeted Areola, but the Hammers feel Pope, an England international, would be a more cost-effective choice.
“Live transfer news” is a website that provides live transfer news. The site also has an app for iOS and Android.
- liverpool transfer news
- arsenal transfer news
- chelsea transfer news
- premier league football transfer news
- espn transfer news now