Rick and Morty is a popular American adult animated science fiction sitcom created by Justin Roiland and Dan Harmon. The show revolves around the misadventures of an alcoholic scientist, his socially awkward grandson, and their domestic robot.
The rick and morty season 5 episode list is the strangest episode yet. Rick and Morty has a long history of strange episodes, but this one takes the cake.
Season 5 of Rick and Morty has a brand new episode! Morty’s growth and development in unexpected new ways has been one of the throughlines we’ve seen in the first few episodes of the current season thus far. Morty had an intensive connection with Planetina in the previous episode after getting rejected by his long-time love, Jessica, in the season opener. With a tumultuous fourth episode of the season, Morty seems to be returning to his old “dirty little puppy” habits.
Morty’s old ways would quickly come back to bite him in a hilariously monstrous way, but that was only the first major reveal in a sexually charged journey for Morty as he battled his embarrassment throughout the episode to keep from admitting what he did to get Rick and everyone else in this mess in the first place. Continue reading for a complete analysis of the latest episode of Season 5:
(Photo courtesy of Adult Swim)
- Morty is waiting for his mother to complete her shift at the horse hospital so they can go see the newest Marvel film. He discovers the equipment the physicians use to collect “reproductive resources” from the horses and stands in awe of it. After a week, a jubilant Morty pats himself on the back for getting away with being a “dirty little puppy.” The gallon of horse sperm is then rolled into the garage by Rick.
- Rick intends to use it to combat CHUDs and is ready to conduct a test to determine whether it all belongs to horses, but Morty stops him. As a result, he continues with his research anyway, and an explosion happens. Rick blames himself for what went wrong as it’s discovered that gigantic monster sperm are flying about and attacking everyone (rather than Morty admitting he polluted the horse materials).
- The creatures are wreaking havoc on the town, and Rick claims they’re “Space Sperm,” as the President arrives to pick him up after they defeat some of the sperm. Rick requests that Morty keep it a secret, which Morty gladly accepts since it maintains his secret. Morty continues his deception by telling the President that Rick is not to blame. They’ve all congregated in the Grand Canyon, according to the country’s foremost sperm specialist.
- The top sperm scientist wants to examine one to figure out what it is, but Morty shoots it down before he can. Morty then suggests that he and Rick be handed nukes and told to blow everything up. They begin their journey to the Grand Canyon with an aircraft full of soldiers, but the sperm have begun to strike with their own weapons, such as a trebuchet they have constructed.
- Morty soon comes across one with just one eye, which knows him since it was created by Morty. He refers to it as sticky and advises Rick to let it go. As Rick and the lone surviving marine continue to sprint towards the giant sperm nest, he manages to maintain his secret. Summer suggests making a big egg to attract the rest of the Smith family, who are still with the President (without getting the credit).
- One of the sperm was soon discovered to be so advanced that it could speak, and it was given the name “sperm queen.” It turns out Morty was the one who utilized the gadget in the first place, and Rick was the one who uncovered his secret. Angry, he asks Morty what it was like before the first commercial break (to which Morty responds, “great”). The Sperm Queen reveals they are the manifestations of Morty’s guilt after the break.
- Sticky soon returns to rescue Morty, and the sperm monsters begin their journey from the Grand Canyon to the enormous egg in Las Vegas. Morty admits that the sperm are his, which means that if they reach the big egg, it would result in a gigantic “incest kid,” therefore they must prevent the sperm from striking the egg.
- The CHUDs apprehend Rick and Morty. Rick had previously fought with the leader’s father, and it was revealed that Rick had slept with him. While the princess of the CHUDs announces that she’s pregnant with Rick’s kid, Morty understands how crazy it’s all become. As the army of sperm arrives in Vegas, Beth and Summer act quickly.
- Rick comes with an army of CHUDs on two of them, and a massive battle ensues between the sperm and the CHUDs, with Beth and Summer taking down a couple of their own. However, one of the sperm reaches the egg and is sent into space. Rick rejects Morty’s attempt to break it down in favor of making love with the CHUD princess. It gives birth to Rick’s kid, who is a cross between Rick and a horse. Rick feels disappointed that he won’t be able to raise it.
What were your thoughts on Rick and Morty’s most outrageous episode yet? Let us know what you think in the comments section! You may also contact me directly on Twitter @Valdezology for all things animation and other fun stuff!
Rick and Morty Season 5 Just Aired the Series’ Strangest Episode Yet. This season has been quite different from what fans have come to expect, as it’s been full of new characters and a whole lot of weirdness. Reference: rick and morty season 5 imdb.
- rick and morty season 5 netflix
- rick and morty season 5 episode 4 full episode
- rick and morty season 5 review
- rick and morty season 5 episode 4 release date
- rick and morty season 5 episode 5